Nairobi city tour – Animal orphanage (4-6 hours ) or the Orphanage is home to deeply traumatized, often injured, suffering from shock and grief having lost their mother and family- orphaned animals from all over Kenya. The orphanage is not big – in fact, it is rather small, but this helps make it very intimate and easy to wander around.
What adds to its charm and sense is that every enclosure has a notice describing the animals which allows you to relate to them.
The Orphanage educates the public about wildlife and environmental conservation in Kenya. One can read the life history of each animal – whether it was rescued or born in captivity. Between 2.00 pm to 3.00 pm is a good time to see the animals as they are fed. The animals here include cheetahs, Lions, Leopards and Hyenas among others.
About this activity
hotel in Nairobi.
- Explore Nairobi National Park, a beautiful wildlife sanctuary only 6 miles (10 km) from Kenya’s capital
- Get up close with species of rhino, lions, leopards, wildebeest, zebras, giraffes, and many more
- Stay on the lookout for the park’s hundreds of bird species, including at least 20 seasonal European migrants
Nairobi National Park is situated 6 miles (10 km) from the heart of Kenya’s capital. Established in 1946, it has 44 square miles (114 square km) of pristine savanna with a large population of migratory game animals.
After being picked up at your hotel early in the morning at 06:00, you will head towards Nairobi National Park, arriving at around 06:30. From there, take an exciting 4-hour game drive through the park.
Stay on the lookout for many species of game animals, including black rhinos, lions, leopards, cheetahs, hyenas, buffalos, giraffes, zebras, and wildebeest, as well as countless species of wild birds.
The park’s open border on its southeast perimeter allows a corridor for the natural migration of game animals during the seasonal rains.
Other attractions include the ivory burning site monument, and walking trails at hippo pools. Following the 4-hour game viewing drive, head back to Nairobi and get dropped off at your hotel. Please note the National Park tour is 5 hours in total.
Don’t miss this chance to get up close with some of Kenya’s amazing wildlife!
- Park entry fees ($45 per adult and $25 per child)
- Optional safari walk add-on ($25 per adult and $15 per child)
- Food and drink
- Pregnant women
- People with back problems
- People with mobility impairments
- People with heart problems
- Wheelchair users
- Comfortable shoes
• Please keep in mind animals are more active in the early morning. Choose the morning slot to have more chances of spotting wildlife
• Please note the tour is 5 hours from pick-up from the hotel to dropping back at the hotel
• Please note, the park entry fees must be paid by debit or credit card at the main entrance. Cash is no longer accepte